We are looking for a Development Manager to assist with all aspects of various rehabilitation projects and capital/tenant improvement. Projects range from large rehabilitation projects ($10-$25 million), requiring solid experience in value engineering, scheduling, permitting, design & construction management, to tenant improvement transactions ($100,000-$1,500,000) requiring an ability to draft scopes of work, provide cost estimates, manage contractors and work with asset management executives. The Development Manager is responsible for the overall coordination of internal and external project teams, including designers, general contractors, lawyers, and asset and property managers.
Experience is required. Applicants will be asked to provide a description of past and current responsibilities, achievements and failures, and specific project examples. It is of paramount importance that the development manager understands the make-or-break links between architectural design, marketability, and construction costs. We are looking for candidates who will embrace our philosophy and investment and design vision.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Prepare agendas and meeting materials for internal and external meetings, and lead meetings as required.
- Ability to manage multiple development projects concurrently.
- Review, edit, and help negotiate favorable contracts.
- Compile lists of lessons learned during project closeouts.
- Requires excellent project management skills and close attention to detail.
- Thoroughly review and analyze all project design documents to ensure development objectives are met. Confirm drawings are fully coordinated and complete.
- Review drawings for value engineering opportunities with the company’s brand and standards in mind.
- Coordinate and manage third party design teams and consultants, including all architects and engineers for design of project. This includes negotiation of contracts, holding teams accountable to budgets and schedule, and participating in all design meetings to provide feedback.
- Prepare RFPs for construction bids and assist in the leveling of bids and selection of general contractors.
- Provide project oversight and attend weekly OAC meetings as the owner’s representative.
- Act as the owner’s representative for all information needed by contractor and consultants and provide such information in a complete and timely manner.
- Evaluate construction and design change orders in the context of the contract documents. Negotiate and explore alternatives when necessary to ensure the project remains within the established budget.
- Confirm work in place conforms to the design and development expectations.
- Work with the project team to identify and resolve construction issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Review sketches, field reports, RFIs, test results, etc. to monitor construction quality and any items that might affect the final design or construction costs.
- Communicate with and effectively manage neighbor relations.
- Work with the Director of Construction to create and directly manage subcontracts, RFIs, and submittals for small construction projects that are not managed by an outside general contractor.
Marketing and Asset Management
- Work with leasing department and asset manager on project specific lease deals, including providing work letters for potential tenants.
- Assist in the development of scopes of work and estimates for such work.
- Assist in the preparation and review of marketing materials, including brochures, floor plans, and renderings.
Budgeting, Financing, and Reporting
- Prepare predevelopment budgets and work with accounting to track budget changes and create and approve draw requests.
- Prepare and coordinate timely payment of draws with lender.
- Request and obtain approvals from lenders per governing documents.
- Assist with the due diligence of potential new acquisitions.
- Maintain & update development materials for internal review and presentation, including project reports, budgets, and schedules.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume below.